What is the Quad Cities Open Network?
Quad Cities Open Network (QCON) is a collaborative of human service providers and advocates throughout the Quad Cities region working together to provide the most efficient, effective, and accessible resources for the community. QCON is committed to collaboration, coordination, choices, and community.
QCON has 31 member agencies and growing, providing unique expertise and working together to improve overall services in our community.
QCON member agencies compliment each other’s efforts without duplication to find unique solutions for each individual or family.
QCON member agencies believe each person should choose their human service provider. All options are offered regardless of connection with QCON.
QCON contributes to its community’s economic development by strengthening the workforce, improving graduation rates, reducing homelessness and making neighborhoods safe.
What's new with QCON?
Quad Cities Open Network and River Bend Food Bank (QCON Member) were featured on the Channel 4 news for Giving Tuesday! Watch the clip here
Our next Member's Meeting to be held the first week of March. See the "For Our Members" tab for more info. Not a member yet? Email us! TheOpenNetworkQC@gmail.com
Check out the "What We Are Doing" tab to learn more.
What is the QCON vision?
To be an exemplary model of human services coordination, efficiency, integration, effectiveness, access and quality service.
What does the QCON do?
- Provides a single voice – sending a stronger message together than each of us as varied, smaller voices.
- Advocates – to the public; to our elected officials; to the QC Chamber for the best possible care.
- Builds relationships - between providers, and between providers and other community sectors.
- Collects data – that illustrates the human services sector value and community footprint.
- Changes the conversation –emphasizing that human services value to individuals, families, schools, neighborhoods, and to community economic development.
- Removes old assumptions – human services are good stewards of the dollar and are effective.
- Holds key community events that further the interests of those served and the community at large.
- Develops marketing plans and vehicles that take our messages to new people and groups.
What are the QCON messages?
The human services sector…
- collectively is one of the QCA’s largest employers.
- consists of experts, providing proven, cost effective services.
- keeps people working, in school, graduating, healthy and independent.
- aligns its expertise for total community wellbeing, prosperity and development.
- provides personalized customer service, respecting client dignity, personal choice and privacy.
- Protects, enhances and strengthens community businesses.
- makes schools and neighborhoods safer.
- are community businesses.
What does it mean to be a QCON member?
- You are part of an active movement that is occurring nationwide.
- You can attend members’ meetings where issues and strategies are identified and executed.
- You can be part of the selection, planning and launching key events.
- You can be an active part of the scripting of advocacy messaging.
- You can generate and identify new human services opportunities for collaboration and growth.